Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Called To Serve



I woke up this morning to the sweet sound of "Called to Serve" on the piano... Drew is so excited to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.







 Grandpa Allen would be proud. My cousins all know what I'm talking about! We all have memories of waking up on our summer vacations to loud hymns on the organ. Back then, we'd cover our ears, moan, and try to go back to sleep. Today, I smile at the memory--and am grateful that a little bit of Grandpa Allen is with my sweet Drew.
Another reason Grandpa Allen would be proud is that he and my Grandma served two missions to Argentina. I have been blessed to have all their journals and letters--and I look forward to keeping busy, organizing and writing about THEIR experiences while Drew is on HIS mission. They loved the people of Argentina!
Drew always planned to serve a mission. I love this photo of him in Primary, many years ago, dressed up as a missionary with a missionary name tag. I remember getting teary-eyed at the prospect of him one day "filling" that suit and being prepared to serve a mission.
Today I'm still crying at the thought. But I'm so happy and proud.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

We are so happy for Drew and your family. He will love his mission. We have an affinity for Argentina in our house too!